If you are a smartphone lover then let me tell you this year is going to be the best upcoming smartphones launches. A lot of smartphone companies are working on their projects and lots of new features are becoming available at affordable prices.
Newer phones are gonna launch in May and some awesome phones are already on the Market. If you want to buy or thinking about it this article might be a true info for you.
The mobile market is going pretty well with the production of newly designed phones and advanced features. Every moment a new feature is being invented and pushed into the mobile technology.
So stay with me and know about some of the latest launches this May 2018.
1. Huawei P20 Pro
This year have been great so far for Huawei as some of the best smartphones were released by this Chinese company. It was widely recognised by the Indian customers.
Coming back to Huawei P20 Pro, we can say its one of its kind. Though the price is little overboard(near about 65K), then also its new features are really mind-blowing. Both the designs and features are of premium quality.
So if you are able to afford this price then I can recommend you this phone. But before that let’s check out the design and the specs.
- This is one of the upcoming smartphones which will give you a premium feel mostly because of its mirror finish on the back.
- In the front, it contains a 6.1-inch display screen, a front 24MP camera a speaker on the top notch and fingerprint sensor below the screen.
- Top of the smartphone contains a secondary noise cancellation microphone and an IR blaster which acts as a universal remote controller.
- The right side of the smartphone has volume rocker keys and the power on-off button.
- The left side of the phone has the dual 4G sim slots.
- Bottom of the smartphone has two speaker drivers, a microphone, a 3.5mm audio jack.
- The rear side of the phone contains a triple camera of 40MP, 20MP and 8MP respectively along with a flash.
- Huawei P20 Pro has a 6.1 inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2240 pixels and 408 PPI density.
- It is powered by 2.36GHz Cortex A73 and 1.8GHz Cortex A53 Kirin 970 Octa-Core processor operating on Android v8.1 Oreo, 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory and dual sim standby(4G+4G).
- Coming to the camera which is the speciality of this phone, the primary rear camera system consists of triple cameras of 40MP(f/1.8, 27mm, 1/1.7″), 20MP(f/1.6, 27mm) and 8MP(f/2.4, 80mm) by Leica, OIS, Leica Optics with an optical 3X zoom.
- The primary camera has awesome features like Geo-tagging, autofocus, face detection, HDR, Panorama.
- If we look towards the front camera of 24MP(f/2.0, 26mm). it is capable of capturing high-quality selfies and videos at 720p@30fps.
- It is able to record 4K videos with 2160@30 fps.
- It is dust proof and water resistant according to the IP67 certification.
- The power of the smartphone is fuelled by 4000mAh Battery which is able to provide the phone with a long life battery.
- This smartphone provides you with USB type-C fast charging.
- The fingerprint sensor is very fast and responsive.
- Face detection feature is available for ease of use.
- Battery life is very good.
- It is waterproof and dustproof according to IP67.
- There is no dedicated slot for Micro SD card.
If you want to know the pice you can go through the link below.
2. Asus Zenfone 5z
Asus is proudly going to display one of its latest upcoming smartphones very soon on Indian Market. The Asus Zenfone 5z may be a gamechanger for Asus as it has all the awesome features needed to compete with its competitors.
Enhanced looks and advanced features are going to be the strength of this smartphone. From the looks of it, Asus really want to surpass its predecessors on its qualities.
The features in one of the most anticipated upcoming smartphones are totally jaw-dropping.
Let’s see the design and features of this phone.
- Asus Zenfone is a beautiful smartphone as you can see in the images below. The body is constructed of front glass with the aluminium body.
- The back of the body is beautifully designed giving a premium look when you hold the phone in your hands.
- Basically, the front of the smartphone has an almost bezel-less 6.2 inches display with the in trend top notch which holds the speaker driver and the 8MP front camera.
- The right of the smartphone will have the volume rocker keys along with the power button.
- Bottom of the smartphone has a speaker, a microphone, a USB Type C charging slot and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- The right of the smartphone contains the hybrid sim card slot of dual standby.
- If we look at the rear side it contains a vertical dual camera system of 12MP and 8MP, a dual tone flash and a fast and responsive fingerprint sensor.
- Asus Zenfone 5z is going to provide 6.2 inches, IPS LCD,19:9 screen ratio display screen with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2240, colour variations of around 16M and 402 PPI density.
- It is powered by a powerful Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core processor(4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU,8GB RAM, internal memory of 256GB ROM, up to 400GB external memory expandable.
- The smartphone is operating on Android v8.1 Oreo platform.
- If we look at the primary camera system it has two cameras of 12MP (f/1.8, 24mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, PDAF)+8MP (f/2.0, 12mm, 1/4″, 1.12µm). The camera has features like phase detection autofocus, gyro EIS, dual LED dual-tone flash.
- The primary camera has extra features like geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama and many more.
- It supports 4K video recording at 2160p@30fps.
- Also, there are various video modes with different fps and resolutions like 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps.
- The front 8MP(f/2.0, 24mm, 1/4″, 1.12µm) camera is also quite good. It also supports full HD recording at 1080p.
- This beast is supported by a non-removable 3300 mAh lithium-ion battery which has an endurance rating of 89 hours.
- It supports fast charging.
- The smartphone contains a powerful Snapdragon 845 processor which means that it will be able to endure high-end software packages and games.
- With 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM, the smartphone is able to process swiftly and there will be no shortage of memory.
- The camera will also be awesome as it has capabilities of AI recognition and also has wide angle view.
- FIngerprint sensor will be fast and responsive.
- As it is yet to be released it’s really hard to say what will be the cons of this device.
Asus Zenfone 5Z isn’t yet launched but its estimated price range is 25K.
3. Motorola Moto G6 Plus
Moto G6 Plus is one one of the most anticipated upcoming smartphones waiting to be launched in India.
Motorola G6 was a successful product in India and now Motorola is expecting to come with G6 Plus soon with enhanced features and design.
It will be a smartphone stuffed up with awesome features but at an affordable price. If you look at the design and features section you would know.
- The Moto G6 Plus has a front/back Corning Gorilla glass with aluminium frame giving a glossy look to the smartphone.
- If you are looking at the front section of the smartphone you will see a 5.9 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a speaker, a front camera and a proximity sensor above the screen.
- The edges of the smartphone are curved to provide it with a premium look.
- There is also a fast and responsive fingerprint sensor below the touchscreen.
- The right side of the smartphone has volume rocker keys and below it is the power button.
- On the top of the smartphone is the 4G sim card slot with a dedicated Micro SD card slot and a secondary noise cancellation mic on the lest the slot.
- Bottom of the smartphone has a 3.5mm audio jack and a USB Type C charging slot.
- If we look at the rear section of the smartphone you will see a camera system almost looking like an emoji is a combination of 12MP + 5MP and a dual tone LED flash.
- This smartphone will provide you with a 5.9 inches 18:9 IPS LCD display screen with colour variations of about 16M. The screen will have a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2160p and 409 PPI density.
- It is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 having a 2.2GHz Octa Core Cortex A53, a GPU of Adreno 508, 4/6 GB RAM, 64/128 GB internal memory expandable up to 256 GB.
- The smartphone is operating on Android v8.1 Oreo platform.
- The emoji like looking camera system is a combination of a dual camera of 12MP+5MP and a dual tone LED Flash.
- The primary camera is provided with awesome features like dual pixel phase detection autofocus,geo-tagging, face detection, HDR, Panorama, touch focus.
- It is also capable of recording full HD videos at 2160@30fps, 1080@30fps.
- The secondary 8MP is capable of taking awesome selfies and is capable of recording videos at 1080@30fps.
- This smartphone is not totally dust or waterproof but to some extent, it can protect itself from both these problems.
- It has a Lithium-ion battery of 3200 mAh battery which gives an endurance rating of 70 hours.
- It supports fast charging. As a result, it will be helpful to you whenever you are in need to charge your smartphone in a hurry.
- The fingerprint scanner is very fast and responsive.
- The camera will be awesome and with dual camera setup, you will be able to capture photos in bokeh Mode very easily.
- Moreover, the camera performs well in dark surroundings.
- The phone is very slippery due to the back glass cover on the smartphone.
Moto G6 Plus isn’t yet launched but its estimated price range is around 20-25K.
4. Sony Xperia XZ2
This is the latest venture of one of Sony’s upcoming smartphones to be released in India very soon. Sony made pretty amazing changes in Sony Xperia XZ2 both in designs and some features.
Some of the best features are on this smartphone. So if you want to know about it more you can go through below.
- Sony has decided to change its design this year. The front sides of the phone are edgy but the rear section tapers to a certain level which gives a premium feel.
- The structure of the phone is composed of aluminium covered by glass to give a shiny look though it creates some sort of finger smudges. The front/back glass is Gorilla glass 5.
- The front of the smartphone consists of a 5.7 inches display screen with a front camera and a speaker above the touchscreen. The dynamic speaker driver is below the touchscreen.
- If you are finding volume rockers and a power button key it is on the right side of the phone.
- The top of the smartphone has the hybrid 4G sim card slot and a secondary noise cancellation mic.
- One of the important changes which Sony made on their phone is that they have removed the 3.5mm audio jack which might not please the Sony Experia fans.
- The bottom contains a USB type C charging slot and a primary microphone.
- The rear section of the smartphone is provided with dual camera setup, a dual tone LED flash and a fast fingerprint sensor.
- Sony Experia XZ2 is provided with a 5.7 inches IPS LCD display 18:9 touchscreen with around 16M colours. The screen has a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2160p and a 424 PPI density.
- This beast is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset having an Octa-core CPU(4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) and Adreno630 as GPU,4/6 GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable to 400GB memory.
- It is operated on Android v8.0 Oreo platform.
- The primary camera system consists of a 19MP(f/2.0, 25mm, 1/2.3″, 1.22µm) camera and a dual tone LED flash. It has awesome features like gyro EIS, predictive phase detection and laser autofocus, face detection, geo-tagging, touch focus, panorama, HDR and many more.
- It is able to capture up to 4K video resolution videos such as 2160@30fps, 1080@60fps. The camera is now capable of taking slow-motion videos at 1080@960fps which is really awesome.
- The front camera is of 5MP (f/2.2, 1/5″) with features like gyro EIS, Bokeh mode. The colour distributions are quite sharp and distinctive taken from the front camera. It is also capable of recording HD videos at 1080p.
- This smartphone is fuelled by a non-removable Li-ion 3180 mAh battery.
- There is a dynamic vibration system present within the smartphone which is able to provide you with a real sound experience while watching any videos or any listening to music.
- The smartphone is water resistant and dust resistant according to the IP65 and IP67 certification.
- The fingerprint is fast and responsive.
- It has one of the best camera phones in the world.
- The stereo sound system is one of the best among all the smartphones.
- It has a really powerful Snapdragon 845 which means it can handle almost all type of high-end games and software.
- It also supports wireless charging which is a new feature in Xperia phones.
- The glass back made the phone shiny but also it has become very slippery.
- There is no audio jack which means only Bluetooth stereo headset can work.
- There is no dedicated Micro SD card slot.
Sony Xperia XZ2 isn’t yet launched but its estimated price range is around 45-50K
5. Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia 7 PLus is one of the best upcoming smartphones ever created by Nokia in this price range. If you are looking for a smartphone for daily use without having to think about its safety is the one.
It is a strong flagship smartphone from Nokia with a compact design and powerful features which will mesmerize you. Though the price range of 26K is little overboard it still its one of the best.
Also its one of the Android One smartphones where the Google apps are inbuilt with lots of features provided including extra security features.
If you want to know the design and features then here it is
- Nokia 7 Plus is coming with two colour variants (black/gold and white/gold). While both the variant can be beautiful the black/gold variant stands out on the competition.
- It is a smartphone composed of mostly aluminium except for the front glass and the copper accents on the sides of the phone and around the rear camera set.
- The front of the phone is being kept plain without giving a bezel-less display or a notch along with a front camera and the speaker above the touchscreen.
- If you are searching for the volume rockers it’s on the right side of the phone above the power button.
- The bottom of the smartphone contains a USB Type C charging slot, stereo speaker and a primary microphone.
- The 3.5mm audio jack is on the top of the smartphone.
- On the left side of the smartphone is a hybrid 4G sim slot.
- The rear side of the smartphone has a dual camera system, a dual tone LED Flash and a fingerprint sensor.
- Nokia 7 Plus is provided with a 6 inches IPS LCD 18:9 display screen with pixel resolutions of 1080 x 2160 and PPI density of 403. It has almost 16M colour variations.
- It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 with Octa-core CPU(4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260) and Adreno GPU, operating on Android v8.0 Oreo, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory expandable up to 256GB.
- Coming to the camera it has a dual camera of 12MP(f/1.8, 25mm, 1.4µm)+12MP(f/2.6, 1.0µm, 2X Zoom) with one regular and another Zeiss Optics lens for giving a perfection in capturing photos and videos.
- It has awesome features like dual-pixel autofocus phase detection, 2X optical zoom, gyro EIS, geo-tagging, face detection, dual LED tone flash.
- The rear camera has various modes like a pro, beauty, HDR, panorama and many more.
- It is able to record full HD video recording at 2160@30fps, 1080@60fps.
- The front camera of 16MP(f/2.0, 1.0µm), equipped with Zeiss lens, is capable of taking beautiful selfies both at light and dark conditions. It is also capable of recording HD videos at 1080p.
- The smartphone is fuelled by a non-removable Li-ion 3800mAh battery with an endurance rate of 89 hours.
- This is a camera-based phone, so basically it delivers awesome quality pictures and videos.
- The fingerprint sensor is very fast and responsive.
- It possesses the face detection function.
- With a strong processor like Snapdragon 660, it can endure any heavy work like game processing or high-end software.
- It supports fast charging. So it won’t take a long time to charge your smartphone.
- It doesn’t have a dedicated Micro SD card slot.
The price of the Nokia 7 Plus is around 25-26K.
6. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is one of the best upcoming smartphones on the market. The Chinese company even demands that it will surpass some aspects of Apple iPhone X at a more affordable price than the latter.
Last year Xiaomi released Mi Mix 2 and it was a hit for its design and features but still, it wasn’t on par with Apple’s iPhone.
Apparently, there are some changes to the features but there is hardly any change in the design except the camera system. So let’s look at the design and features and then you can decide about it.
- The latest Xiomi flagship smartphone is composed of front glass, aluminium body and ceramic back. Due to the ceramic back, it is very hard unlike glass and at the same time, it’s giving a premium mirror finish.
- There is rarely any chances of chances of smudges or scratches on the phone’s back.
- The front of the smartphone has an almost bezel-less 18:9 IPS LCD display screen, a speaker above the touchscreen and a front camera in the right corner in the bottom of the display.
- The volume rockers and the power button key are on the right side of the smartphone.
- On the bottom of the Mi 2s is a primary mic, a USB Type C charging slot and a stereo speaker system.
- Top of the smartphone is provided with a secondary noise cancellation microphone.
- The rear side of the smartphone is gifted with a dual camera setup, a flash and a fast and responsive fingerprint sensor.
- It is provided with a 6 inches 18:9 ratio IPS LCD display screen with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2160 and a 403 PPI density. The display screen will almost provide you with 16M colours.
- This one is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset with an Octa-Core CPU(4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), an Adreno 630 GPU, operating on Android v8.0 Oreo, 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory.
- The primary camera is a vertical setup of two dual cameras of 12MP(f/1.8, 21mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS)+12MP(f/2.4, 26mm, 1/2.9″, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom) with a dual tone dual LED flash in between them.
- Its a really an interesting arrangement of wide angle lens with a telephoto lens which will give detailed photos and videos of the surroundings.
- It contains various other awesome features like geo-tagging, 4-axis optimized image stabilization, 2X Zoom, face detection, dual-pixel autofocus phase detection, HDR, Panorama, bokeh mode.
- The camera also contains the AI features where the camera adjusts the light and contrast conditions according to the object or living creatures in front of the camera.
- It is capable of taking videos at 4K videos at 2160@30fps but video stabilisation is absent in HDR mode so it may be problematic to shoot moving videos.
- It is also capable of recording videos at various speeds like 1080@30/120fps, 720@240fps.
- The secondary camera is of 5MP but is capable of taking detailed selfie pictures and videos at 1080p.
- This beast is fuelled by a non-removable battery of 3400mAh.
- Xiaomi Mix 2s has a great camera features.
- It has a fast and responsive touchscreen.
- It supports fast charging.
- A powerful processor like Snapdragon 845 helps the phone to run smoothly and faster than ever.
- It has some very specific features of iPhone and Android combined which makes it very easy to use.
- Due to the ceramic back, the phone is a little bit slippery.
- There is no slot for Micro SD card, though the internal memory of 256GB is quite large.
- The 3.5mm audio jack is also absent from this phone like its previous version.
Xiaomi MI Mix 2s isn’t yet launched but its estimated price range is around 35-40K.
7. One Plus 6
One Plus 6 is the newest venture of One Plus in the market. It’s about to release in May 2018 on the Indian Market. They specifically create smartphones with new features and stylish designs to impress the one plus fans and also to increase their customer base.
It is one of the best upcoming smartphones in the Indian market with a price of 35K. If you can bear with the price it will give sheer pleasure and satisfaction that you have bought this smartphone.
There are a lot of new specs and features waiting for you. Let’s dig in.
- The One Plus 6 comes in three colour variant midnight black, mirror black and silk white edition. There is also a limited Avengers version colour variant.
- Basically, the smartphone is composed of front glass, aluminium body with a glass cover on the aluminium back. It looks premium on both mirror finish and matte finish.
- This smartphone hasn’t deviated from the notch fever which is the latest trend of the 2018 and it will continue for some time in the future. The front of the phone has an almost bezel-less display screen with a notch carrying a speaker and a front 16MP camera above the touchscreen.
- On the bottom of the smartphone, there is a stereo speaker, a USB Type C charging slot, a 3.5mm audio jack and a primary microphone setup.
- If you are looking for the volume rockers and the 4G dual sim tray it should be on the left side of the phone.
- The alert slider and the power button is on the right side of the smartphone.
- The rear side of the smartphone gifts you with a dual camera, a Dual-tone dual LED flash and the fast fingerprint sensor below the camera setup.
- On the top of the smartphone is a secondary noise cancellation microphone
- One Plus delivers a 6.28 inches Optic AMOLED capacitive 18:9 touchscreen with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2280 and 403 PPI density. The touchscreen provides around 16M colours.
- This beast is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset with an Octa-Core CPU(4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), an Adreno 630 GPU, operating on Android v8.1 Oreo, 6/8GB RAM, 128/256GB internal memory.
- If we look at the primary camera setup it has a dual camera of 16MP(f/1.7, 27mm, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, gyro-EIS, OIS)+20MP(f/1.7, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm) and a dual tone dual LED flash. The dual camera setup has the same aperture size but only one of them is provided with optimized image stabilisation.
- The primary camera is provided with awesome features like geo-tagging dual pixel phase detection autofocus, HDR, panorama, Pro Mode, portrait mode.
- It is able takes detailed pictures even in dark surrounding.
- The dual camera is able to record 4K videos at 2160p@30/60fps. It is able to take videos at various other speeds like 1080@30/60/240fps, 720@480fps.
- The secondary front 16MP(f/2.0, 20mm, 1/3″, 1.0µm) camera is capable of taking detailed selfies with features like gyro EIS to negate camera shake, HDR. It also records video at 1080p.
- This smartphone is powered by a non-removable 3330mAh Li-ion battery.
- There are also great features like fingerprint sensor, gyro, compass, accelerometer.
- The fingerprint sensor is very fast and responsive.
- It supports fast charging so it’s very easy to charge.
- The smartphone is weather coated for resisting water and dust though not fully protected under water.
- With a powerful processor like Snapdragon 845 the phone now works more efficiently than its previous versions.
- Camera quality is very good especially in dark surroundings where it takes images without creating any noises.
- Battery backup is quite good. It takes around 30 hours to end after continuous heavy usage.
- There is no slot for Micro SD card.
- The smartphone is a little slippery to hold.
- The camera setup glass cover is prone to smudges.
If you are interested in knowing the exact price of the One Plus 6 you have to go through the link.
If you have read it to the end then you have an understanding of the latest upcoming smartphones which are about to come or may be released very recently in May.
I know what you must be thinking. You must be thinking that there are a lot of smartphones which have released recently. Of course, it’s really hard to track all the upcoming smartphone coming into the market.
But it’s possible to keep track of the most anticipated upcoming smartphones which are full of features and with unique designs.
If you want to know about the latest smartphones released in March you can go through the link below